Some of you may take issue with my posting L’Oreal products on this site because in the past the company has notoriously not been concerned with animal rights issues. In recent years, however, the company has made a commitment to end animal testing. And, as I have stated before, I think it’s important to support a company’s efforts to reach the cruelty-free/natural consumer base. If we don’t buy those products, how will the company know what its consumers what?
That’s why I am really digging L’Oreal’s Ever brand, which is 100% vegan, meaning that it’s not tested on animals and does not contain animal products. It’s a complete hair care line, with shampoos and conditioners as well as treatments and styling aids. All of the products in this line are also sulfate free and paraben free. The products in this brand are formulated for different hair needs:
- EverStrong strengthens weak or thinning hair
- EverPure cleans and cares for colored hair
- EverSleek makes unruly hair more manageable
- EverCurl defines and cares for curly hair
- EverCreme moisturizes and nourishes dry or damaged hair
The EverCreme Sulfate-Free Moisture System Cleansing Conditioner (whew! Now that’s a name!) is really nice. It’s not a shampoo, and it’s not a conditioner, but it’s also not a shampoo and conditioner in one (remember that whole fad like a decade ago?). It’s a conditioner that also cleanses, so you only need this one bottle in the shower and you’re good to go. You just pump some out, massage it into your scalp and hair, leave on for a couple minutes, and rinse it out.
- It’s really gentle on your hair and scalp.
- It saves time in the shower.
- It keeps moisture in your hair instead of washing it down the drain, so it controls frizz very well.
- The fragrance is… not my favorite. It’s not bad at all; it’s just not awesome. Maybe it’s just because it stays in your hair all day, so I keep smelling it, and it’s a little strong.
- It leaves a build-up after you use it for a while (which may be because I have very oily hair). I alternate this with a traditional shampoo and conditioner combo.